Senior Appreciations

Senior+Appreciations

I’ve had Annie as either a student or lab assistant all three years that I’ve been at McDaniel. Her constant presence has remained a grounding force for me. The school changed, the world changed, but I still had Annie. Annie is bright, has an incredible worth ethic, a delightfully dark sense of humor, and a love for babies that I’ll never understand, BUT, one day, when she has her own, I hope I get to meet them and tell them all about their incredible mother. “ 

• Darshanpreet Gill

“Brendan Feely for bringing multiple points of view to light and making us all think during class discussions. Also, for putting up with me accusing him of playing video games with Orion during class every day. “

• Amanda Alonso

“Enriq Fernandez for immersing himself in the Con Team experience by collaborating with his unit, asking questions and always giving a thoughtful response.”

• Amanda Alonso

“Daja Duckworth – she has been attending basically an all freshmen advisory all year and has been so gracious and kind and helpful. She’s a total team player in Leadership and just has such a beautiful personality. Congratulations Daja!”

• Sydney Mulkey

“Trinity Stutsman-Knox for being a super organized and excellent note taker on Con Team. Her sharp mind and steller skills will help her to make this world a more just place. “

• Amanda Alonso

“Liv Tran for being a thoughtful and inquisitive member of Con Team who always pushes herself to be her best. We see your hard work Liv! Keep it up!”

• Amanda Alonso

“All of them, they are very caring and friendly.” 

• Irene Phanchy

“Zusse Jacobs-Swerbilov for being an outstanding collaborator in our Unit 5 Con Team and in honor of him naming Coach Jim the GOAT I want to say, Zusse you are the GOAT!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Anja Kennedy for her speaking skills in Con Team and overall cool style and energy!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Isabella Ventura because she helped me out through my hardest times freshman year. She’s such a kind , genuine and smart young lady!”

• Hanna Valencia Martinez 

“Sophia England for being a collaborative member of Con Team who fully participated in the inquiry process by asking good questions!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Zoe Gadbow for saving me the first week of AP Gov class when my computer crashed and then continuing to be a supportive classmate to her peers and all humankind by sharing her love and voice in support of equity and justice..“

• Amanda Alonso

“I appreciate Lili Cooper. She’s been there for me through some really tough times and has always been there to help me. Without her I wouldn’t be where I am today and I’m so happy I met her during high school.”

• Arturo Cordova

“Kevin Preciado-Huynh for being a fantastic Con Team member and pushing himself to learn and grow this year under challenging online conditions! Kevin is always thoughtful and communicates with others in a positive and friendly way.”

• Amanda Alonso

“Colin Quinn for leading our AP Gov class in a closing connection every day that included both humor and serious discussion as needed and for being a vital part of Unit 2’s success. “

• Amanda Alonso

“Owen Cruden because he never asks why we’re doing something, he just goes along and does it with us.”

• Lili Cooper

“Caleb Lowe for being a part of a challenging Con Team year online and bringing home a trophy for Unit 1!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Kate Pinzelik for her grace under pressure during technical glitches in the middle of her Con Team speech! You are so strong and smart you can handle anything after that experience!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Cat Traylen for being very swaggy.”

• Lili Cooper

“Carmen Sharpe-Velazquez for her insight and collaboration with Unit 5 during Con Team. “

• Amanda Alonso

“Luna Rodrigue for being a bright spot in so many lives during a very dull year”

• Isaac Pedersen

“Orion Singleton for being a part of Con Team and bringing his cool demeanor and sense of humor. Also, his pet dog Artemis is an amazing dog and I hope she continues to come to my class even though Orion is graduating. How can we make that happen Orion?”

• Amanda Alonso

“Art Cordova for always saying the right things when it feels like the world is collapsing around me”

• Lili Cooper

“Emma Cole for bringing great opening connection questions to AP Gov and for always being a positive light!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Tauhelangi, Tevita(Vita)

Pittman, Jay

Holden, Marcus

Inwood, Augustus(Gus)

Cabello, William

Mcloud, Nicholas(Sunny-D)

Morales-corey, Caleb

Griffiths Marcus(MG)

Newsome, Sean

Tavera, Santiago

Wilson, Tavon

Johnson, Leonardo”

• Odin Hurst

“Art Cordova for volunteering to represent our Con Team during the awards Zoom meeting and for being a thoughtful and supportive teammate!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Annie Hindes for being the HEART of our Con Team and keeping us all healthy and positive with her weekly self-care slideshows, including favorites like, which dog breed are you? and best mac and cheese recipes! We couldn’t have survived without her!”

• Amanda Alonso

“Grace Oja for helping a struggling sophomore with their math class and being a great friend!”

“Nea Schramm is an amazing Con Team student and an amazing human who makes the world better because of her hard work and advocacy for others. She does everything she can to help and support her community and we are lucky to be a part of it!”

• Amanda Alonso

“A senior I highly appreciate and admire is Cindy Nguyen. The isolation quarantine brought has been hard on everyone. Cindy was there to support me every single day. I had a hard time feeling happy but I knew I could always count on her to be there to listen and help me with whatever I needed. Honestly, I would not have passed my classes without her. Every day she would send a good morning message, remind me to go to every asynch lesson, send me every link that I needed, and help me get my work done when I was struggling. I was stuck in a toxic and difficult environment because of quarantine and I don’t think I would be here today if it wasn’t for her. She is an amazing person and I am so lucky to have her support every day. “

• Mariah Beasley 

“Cat Traylen for asking great questions during Con Team and for always bringing up important issues and an equity focus when completing assignments. “

• Amanda Alonso

“Xander Zipp for being a leader and caring voice during a really difficult year. His online presence during AP Gov class made us all feel better and we appreciate him sharing his positive energy and smarts with us.”

• Amanda Alonso

“Owen Cruden for being a part of Con Team and putting in the work while having a good sense of humor!”

• Amanda Alonso